Saturday, June 5, 2010

2101 Expo visit plans

The Czech Republic Pavilion
When I initially planned for visiting the 2010 Expo in Shanghai, I didn't expect to be able to get into the popular pavilions as I heard that there were always long queues at the entrances. I thought I would rather spend a few relaxing days just to see the outer parts of the pavilions. In the reality, I finished visiting all my favorite pavilions. I had achieved more than I expected.
Good timing is the key for achievement. We found that queues for admissions to the popular pavilions were particularly long in the morning and afternoon. Relatively less people were found at lunch hour and in the evening. Please note that the hit pavilions may stop the queues earlier than their closure time as there have already been too many people lining up for entries. At the time of our visits, Saudi Arabia Pavilion stopped the queue at 7:00pm and Japan Pavilion stopped at 8:00pm. Czech Republic Pavilion is one of the popular pavilions with long queues during daytime. However, we got into it without spending a minute for queuing. It was at 9:00pm. Nobody was waiting at the entrance.
Our plan was to visit the unpopular pavilions during daytime and visit the hit pavilions in the evening. If people don't like queuing, I will suggest that they purchase evening tickets which allow them to stay between 5:00pm and 12 midnight in the Expo site.
When planning for the Expo visit, try avoiding Saturdays. Relatively higher numbers of visitors have been found on Saturdays since the opening of the Expo 2010. According to the news release from the official website of the Expo 2010, the highest record of visitors has reached 500,500 last Saturday. One may also consider avoiding the visits in July and August as more visitors are expected during summer holiday.For the planning of Expo transports, please visit the Expo transport guide and make a printout of the Shanghai MTR map before your journey. I suggest that you read the Site Maps and Pavilions so that you could plan your visit route to your targeted pavilions.

1 comment:

  1. It is a very informative blog. Thank for posting all the information. I would not have time to visit the Expo but reading your blog, made me feel like I am visiting it ^^

    ReplyDelete