Tuesday, June 1, 2010

World Expo 2010 Entertainment and Events

Expo roadshow parade
Various entertainment programs and art performances are held in the Expo Culture Center everyday. During the period of my visit to the Expo, there was a grand show running by the top-class local singers and dancers. Their routine shows in Beijing usually cost people a few hundred yuans for a ticket. The show is now free of charge. What people need to pay is just the admission fee for the Expo. If people would like to watch the free shows, it is better for them to check the performance program from the Expo official website http://en.expo2010.cn. There are various types of shows taken place in almost every square within the Expo site. When I was lining up for the entry of the Germany Pavilion, there was a roadshow parade passing by. After I had finished my dinner in the evening, I met the parade again. This was an unexpected entertainment.
Expo roadshow parade at nighttime
One of the Hong Kong newspapers reported that there was a mess in the Shanghai Expo. After I had been to the Expo 2010, I did not agree with this report. I found the Expo site a fantastic place for touring. The Shanghai Expo had given me a beautiful memory.  I heard that thousands of fans rushed to the Culture Center for the free tickets of the show conducted by a South Korea Singing Group. Same as everywhere over the world, fans could become crazy when they are eager to see their idols. My impression to the Shanghai Expo is very good.  I highly praise it. After all, it is not easy to manage a few hundred thousands of people every day. Unfortunately, some people create chaos by jumping into the queues. 

Night Parade show at Expo 2010

No comments:

Post a Comment