Sunday, July 18, 2010

Going to Shanghai Expo Again

Renaissance Shanghai Putuo Hotel
My husband and I visited the Shanghai Expo 2010 in May. We enjoyed the trip very much. It is fantastic. We had acquired a lot of knowledge from the Expo. We introduced it to our friends. They like it too.  We stayed in the Renaissance Shanghai Putuo Hotel which is a branch of the Marriott chain. The hotel was brand new just opened in May 2010 at the time of our stay. It was very nice. Please see attached photographs for the room views The buffet was so rich that it gave us sufficient energy for the Expo walk. The Renaissance Shanghai Putuo Hotel is not close to the Expo site, but it is just next to the underground Metro Line 7.  Therefore,  it is convenient. The deficit is that there are insufficient shopping facilities nearby. There is only a small convenience store and a few low-price restaurants nearby.
Renaissance Shanghai Putuo Hotel
We will be going to Shanghai Expo again. We will take the Cathay Pacific Airways flight tomorrow early morning. Since we know the Expo well, we don't make much preparation. My husband reminds me to bring along with my cap. Last time, I wore my cap even though inside the pavilions. It was because I moved around in the crowds to take photographs and videos. My white cap could easily catch my husband's eyes so that he could fetch me in the crowds. Since we have already visited the most popular pavilions such as the China Pavilion, Saudi Arabia Pavilion, Germany Pavilion, France Pavilion, Czech Republic Pavilion, Spain Pavilion, etc., we expect ourselves to be much relaxed this time. We have planned to watch the shows in the Expo Culture Center, to stroll in the parks, and to dine in the famous restaurants, etc. Hopefully, there is no need for us to join the queues this time. I am cheerful. 
We have checked the weather in Shanghai. It will be sunny with 30 degrees Celsius tomorrow Monday. There will be heavy rain on Tuesday. Both Wednesday and Thursday will be sunny with very hot temperature about 31 degrees.

No comments:

Post a Comment